Sunday 29 September 2013

Time in the garden

We'll it's been a while since I last blogged. Being back at work restricts the time I had, as I have plenty to do once home.

Today I managed a rarity...Time to do some gardening.

The fruit bushes purchased last week have been planted down the side in the veggie patch. We are hoping to make that side into a 'fruit patch'. Some turf has been taken up by the arch and the final lipids planted. The grape vines ordered last week have arrived and were also planted today. The Judas tree has arrived, but is awaiting its final placement.

Our compost is now ready and I have been using freely with all plantings. It feels good to be using compost we have made on our road to self sufficiency.

I have also had helpers today. My mum stayed over the weekend and my eldest has been away overnight. When my mum left today and Joseph returned home he came to help his dad in the garden, whilst my wife played in the garden with the twins. Needless to say, the twins tried helping too. It was great family time :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment