Saturday 5 October 2013

The weekend

Well its the weekend again :-)

Its been a busy week at work and happily I got to a point where I was happy with what i'd done and i'm pleased the weekend has arrived.  Last night was what myself and my wife have designated 'date night'.  Kids to bed, film, wine and cheese and welcome a couple of days of family time.  Tonight my parents in law will be coming for the evening as they arrive back from holiday today.  That will be a chance to have an unwind, a laugh and i'm sure a few drinks as i'll have my drinking partner (father in law) back. 

Today has seen a chance to do a little gardening.  This morning i went down to PILs house and cut their lawn as a surprise for when they get back.  They have had a lot on recently, so that little job that i can do for them is a help.  Plus i enjoy it.  They have a large garden and a sit upon mower (tractor).  Its great fun flying up and down and a chance to have a bit of peace on my own.
    I must confess I was slightly worried when I first got there.  I got the engine started and tried to get started, but there was no movement.  I was very worried about this.  But after stopping and thinking how my father in law thinks, I realised he had disabled it by pulling out a lever at the back.  I pushed this in and tried again and straight pulled out of the garage and I was away.

Once I got back home I went and got our mower out and cut our grass.  As I nearly finished I realised that one of the handle has worn that much that it has snapped, so a repair job or replacement handle needs to be sorted.

I then planted our winter Jasmine in the garden and a Michelmas daisy in a large pot.  The daisy will be going in the garden eventually, but as we are still very early in designing our garden, I am not ready for a final placement.

The Judas tree we bought is still waiting to be planted.  Placement for this has not been decided upon yet, but it is being looked after and will be fine a while longer.

Thats today.  Tomorrow will depend on the weather as to what gets done. 

Also, the wife has been making some very nice plum jam using plums from PILs orchard, I must say this is very tasty and I'm looking forward to tonights plum jam roly poly pudding and homemade custard :-)  Take a look http://hijackedbytwins.blogspot.com

Now time to spend some quality time with my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment